Looking to use your buying experience with a growing company? MacArthur Recruitment is seeking a Project Buyer to work on our client’s project team, responsible for contracts. This is a great opportunity.
Overview of the role of Project Buyer
The purpose of this role is to source, as required, all items required by the Project team within the business, in accordance with procedures, and to best possible commercial terms.
Overview and accountabilities for the role of Project Buyer :
- Negotiate agreements for the supply of goods and services to meet project requirements at optimum costs.
- Source items as necessary to ensure that all relevant items/services are available to deliver all projects on time, and at minimum cost.
- Identify new and alternative sources of supply to avoid over dependence on too few suppliers and maintain market competitiveness.
- Support the monitoring of supplier performance to ensure that they conform to the conditions of contract and that they remain as viable businesses capable of meeting the company’s needs.
- Initiate and negotiate annual contracts for specified goods and services to provide project engineers with call off facilities that meet their needs cost effectively.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Stores, and Operational personnel to gain a full understanding of their needs and brief them on improved sources of supply.
Qualifications and Skills for the role of Project Buyer
- Experience working in a purchasing environment
- Negotiating of contracts
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment, nuclear, etc
- Member of relevant professional institute or willing to work towards this – CIPS
Why work for our client as a Project Buyer?
- Variety of work and projects
- Salary : £21,000 – £23,000, negotiable DoE
- 35 days holiday pa
- Further career development and training opportunities
- Positive working environment with a successful company
- Full time role Mon-Fri, 36.5 paid hours per week.
- Pension 6% ER and EE
For more information, or to apply for the position of Project Buyer, please contact Steph on , ideally with a copy of your CV, or call 01768 800260.
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don’t collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.