Working as part of a small team Reception, mail collection and delivery, and other service delivery functions associated with a busy office. This person will also be a key-holder and form part of the building security team and be part of the incident control / response team.
- To open/close the building, including un-setting and setting the alarms.
- To maintain a high level of building security.
- To maintain a clean and smart appearance wearing the approved Interserve uniform.
- Reception duties: To greet visitors and contact the visitor’s host.
- Manage queries and messages from visitors and others, in a timely, efficient, friendly and helpful manner.
- Responsible for the issue of visitor and staff temporary passes
- Responsible for the issue of keys to authorised persons
- To act as local interface between client and on-site staff
- The receipt and correct handling of internal and outgoing mail.
- To initiate procedures and assist in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- To manage and record management information as required for reception duties.
- Waste Management.
- To be an active part of the overall Interserve facilities management team on site.
- Participate in the Health and Safety Policy of the company and report to line manager any dangers, hazards or other issues that may be encountered.
- Any other duties which may be requested from time to time which are within the capability of the person.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- High level of customer care skills with customer service focussed approach
- Ability to work as part of a close knit team
- Efficient and courteous manner, with respect for race and diversity
- Polite and effective two way communicator
- Able to manage difficult customers
- Able to provide professional handling of security requirements
- Ability to manage / initiate emergency procedures – a clear thinker in crisis
- Computer literate with experience of MS Outlook
- Flexibility to work overtime – sometimes at short notice
- Trained first aider (training will be provided as this is a mandatory requirement)
- Manual handling training
- Awareness of DDA compliance
- Previously worked in a similar role
Working Hours –22.5 hours – Principally working to a shift pattern.
Early 06:45 till 13:45, Middle 10:30 till 17:30 / 08:00 till 14:00, Late 12:15 till 19:15
At Interserve, we support people and organisations to manage change – helping to create improved and better environments in places where people live and work.
Our direction and behaviours are underpinned by a set of core values:
Everyone has a voice
Everyone has a voice, so we listen and encourage openness. We value all views and opinions, we welcome discussion and we treat people as we, ourselves, would want to be treated – with respect and patience.
Take pride in what you do
Whatever the task in hand, everybody can and should take pride in a job well done – a job undertaken with care and done to the best of our abilities.
Bring better to life
We are all about believing we can do better. Asking questions, thinking differently, seeking solutions and creating ideas to support our customers and adding value.
Do the right thing
Doing the right thing means not accepting ‘that will do’, and not walking by when you could make a positive difference. The right thing also means the safe thing and the sustainable thing.
Competitive pension scheme
Competitive annual leave entitlement
MyInterserve – Company discount scheme offering discounts at high street retailers