Salary: £22,255 – £24,925– with some shiftwork
MacArthur Recruitment is looking for a Mechanical Fitter to work for a UK organisation in Cumbria, who are involved with hands-on engineering-focussed industries across nuclear, construction and defence. Development and promotion opportunities potentially available.
The role of Mechanical Fitter will suit somebody with experience in a similar role, or someone with a passion for engineering but who is looking to get into a larger engineering organisation and develop their existing engineering skills. Flexibility to work shifts is needed.
Experience or background for the role of Mechanical Fitter:
- Mechanical fitter, Motor Technician, Fitter, Service Engineer or Maintenance Engineer
- NVQ, ONC – Mechanical Fitting or similar.
Duties to include :
- Stripping down continuous casting steel components
- Manufacturing and refurbishment of various steel components/parts
- Working to Engineering drawings and specifications,
- Refurbish sub-assemblies, build up and set to the required standards.
- Use of lathes, mills etc.
- Adhere to health and safety policy and procedures
Why work for our client as a Project Buyer?
- Variety of work and projects
- Salary : £22,255 pa (with 12% uplift within 12 months, once competency shown)
- 35 days holiday pa (incl BH)
- Further career development and training opportunities
- Positive working environment with a successful company
For more information, or to apply for the position of Mechanical Fitter, please contact Steph on , ideally with a copy of your CV, or call 01768 800260.
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don’t collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.